Friday, June 5, 2015

A Scattering of Seashells . . .

I've thought long and hard about the perfect title for this blog post.  How do you creatively describe a gathering of random thoughts, pictures and events that fits my beach-inspired theme??  I've enlisted help from several friends and family, all with great ideas ...  but Honey seemed to word it best when he said "Think about when you are walking on the beach looking for seashells.  There are many different kinds scattered at random all along the shoreline.  There's no rhyme or reason to them, they are just there."  Well put Honey!  :)  So I bring to you the first of many blog posts filled with random thoughts (or scattered seashells) about the comings & goings (or walks on the beach) of our life (in a conch shell).

Recently, my mom created this amazing piece of artwork for me.  Be still my beach bum heart!!  Of course, she needed a little help from my three kiddos to complete the leaves on the "Palm" Tree.  It's absolutely perfect, complete with my very own Hidden Mickey.  :)  I couldn't love it more!!!  




We finally got to enjoy our first Pool Day of the year!  YEAH!!  We met up with the S Family and the kids spent the day swimming, splashing and sliding their way into Summer, while the moms enjoyed the rest & relaxation of a nearby lounge chair.  (Sigh)  


On the way home from the pool, the kids asked if we could cookout for dinner that night. (Hmm... who am I to argue with a meal that requires little effort from me and less mess to clean up afterward.)  Of course, we can!!  :)  While I am a planner by nature, these are the things that make up a Summer to remember.




Another item on our Summer To Do List was to sign up for our local library's Summer Reading Program.  This year's theme was Super Heros, which fits our family very well.  (Side note:  we are huge Marvel, DC, X-Men and Ninja Turtle fans at our house!  Yes, myself included!!  While the boys favorites vary, I am partial to Wolverine & Iron Man but Miss B LOVES the HULK.  lol!)  Upon signing up, each of the kids got to write their name on a Super Hero badge to hang on the Wall of Fame.



Then we headed over to the Adult sign up area, where I was given a Mask to disguise my identity.  The librarian said with a smile, "You can either put your real name or your Super Hero name.  Whichever you prefer."  So I asked the kids what Mommy's name should be.  You would have thought it was a meeting of the Summit because they had to go off by themselves to discuss!  They came back & behold my Super Hero identity was born.  It may not be unique, but I will wear it with pride!  (She is actually a pretty cool character & I am very honored that my children think of me in the same class as her.  lol!!!)



I was over the moon excited when my order from Raw Threads came in the mail!  They were having a Mystery Pack sale and I couldn't resist adding a few new racerback tanks to my summer wardrobe.  (Note: These are not all mine.  My mom decided that she would like a pack as well.  The problem arose when they came all in one package, NOT divided by threes! How are we supposed to choose who gets which one when they are all so cute!!!! Decisions, decisions.  Believe you me, that was a struggle!)  :)  I love the bow themes!  And while the entire line is not Disney related, these are my favorites ones by far.




I will leave you on that note, while I head out in search of more seashells (memories and such) to add to my collection.  Until next time, hope you are enjoying your very own "walks along the beach".


No comments:

Post a Comment