Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Moana's Marshmallow Treats

We FINALLY got to go see Moana over Winter Break and I have to say that it immediately made it into my Top 3 Disney movies of all time!  I loved everything about it!!!  The characters, the animation, the music...all of it.  Absolutely fantastic!

While on one of my many trips to Target during the holidays, I stumbled upon this special limited edition Moana cereal.  I immediately grabbed a couple of boxes in preparation for a special snack for when we went to see the movie.  Now I don't know about you, but my family LOVES Rice Crispie Treats so I revamped the recipe a little to create "Moana's (or Maui's ~ depending on which side of the box you are looking at) Marshmallow Treats".




Here's the recipe I used to make these yummy treats ~

Moana's (Maui's) Marshmallow Treats

  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 4 cups mini marshmallows
  • 5 cups Moana Cereal
Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.  Set aside.  Melt the butter on medium heat in a saucepan. Gradually add marshmallows until melted, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add cereal.  I found adding a little bit at a time makes it easier to stir.  Finally, press mixture into greased pan.  Let set until firm and enjoy!  ** I doubled the recipe to make the bars a little thicker**




We all had our favorite characters.  But Miss B and her friend Miss S loved the chicken Heihei most.  LOL!  He was pretty funny!



Dwayne Johnson is the voice of Maui the Demi-Guy ~ wonder where they got the inspiration for all those tattoos and not to mention the muscles...Whew!  (I maaay have a little crush on him that goes way back to his days as a WWE wrestler... insert blushed cheeks here.)  But boy can he sing!  The song "You're Welcome" is not only amazing but gets stuck in your head like "It's a Small World" ~ but in a good way of course.  I've even caught Honey whistling it on several occasions since we saw the movie.  

So in short, we all loved it!  But what else can you expect from a family that loves the beach and all things ocean related.  We give it 2 thumbs up or in this case a "Hang Ten"!   


Love, 
N

No comments:

Post a Comment