Monday, January 22, 2018

Salad Dressing with the Stars

For those of you that know me, or have visited here before, know that I am a huge Dancing with the Stars fan!  I have been hooked since Season 1.  There are a lot of very talented pro- dancers, but one of my favorites is Sharna Burgess.  She is not only an extremely talented choreographer and dancer, but she's got such a kind, generous and positive nature about her.  Very inspirational!  I have followed her on Instagram for quite some time ... her "Random Ramblings" Instastories are hilarious!  Anyway, when she announced that she was starting her own blog, I was beyond excited.  :)  If you are a Dancing with the Stars fan or just looking for a new, fabulous blog to read ~ head on over to sharnaburgess.com.  You won't be disappointed!

Recently, she posted a recipe for her homemade Go-To Salad Dressing.  It looked super simple and delicious.  Now if you are like 99% of the population who made a New Year's Resolution to eat healthier, than you have got to try this.  Honey & I are included in that 99% by the way, so we decided to make it last night for dinner.  I am delighted to say that IT WAS AMAZING!!  Even the kids tried it!  :)  


The ingredients are the following:

  • 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar (I substituted white wine vinegar)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 teaspoon of honey
  • 1/2 cup olive oil (I was out, so I substituted vegetable oil instead)
  • salt & pepper to taste
Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl to blend.  Then, gradually whisk in the oil.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  It can be prepared up to 8 hours in advance.  Cover and chill.  (I made it about an hour ahead of time) Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes & rewhisk before serving.  Makes about 3/4 cup.






According to Sharna, this dressing is great on so many different kinds of salads.  I choose to make one using your basic iceberg lettuce, carrots, cucumber, mushrooms, grape tomatoes and garbanzo beans. 





Time to add the dressing ...  :)


Honey also baked chicken breasts that he had marinated in lemon juice and poppy seeds.  I sliced mine up and added it to the salad to make a delicious and healthy meal.  


Yum!!!!  It was a super simple Sunday night dinner that the whole family enjoyed.  Not to mention, since it was packed full of healthy vegetables and protein .... I was able to justify eating a Coconut Pecan cookie for dessert.  :)  (Don't even get me started on those!!! Oh-My-Goodness!)

Thank you Miss Sharna for a new GO-TO recipe!  And for helping Honey and I keep our New Year's Resolution going .... minus the cookie, of course.  (I just couldn't resist!)

Happy Monday!

XOXO
N

*This is not a paid ad.  The opinions and comments are my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment