Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Monograms Fit For A Sand Castle

It occurred to me that we will most likely not be the only family on the beach with sand toys. (ha ha!)  So I wanted to be able to label ours so that we knew which toys belonged to us at the end of the day.  Granted, most of the pails, shovels and such have been Dollar Store finds but we plan on this being the first of many beach trips, so why not save as many as I can for future fun.  So I decided to bust out my handy-dandy Cricut to personalize our toys.  I had the vinyl left over from a past project but you can purchase it in various colors for about $10 a roll.  I got mine a Michael's.  Vinyl is super easy to work with!  Just follow the directions on the package to set the machine to the proper settings, choose your die-cuts, load the mat and press Cut.  Viola!  I was beaming with excitement at how adorable everything turned out! And now when we are packing up at the end of a long day playing in the sand, we will be sure to know which toys belong to us.  :)






I got a little creative with the "extra" toys.  But these ended up being some of my favorite designs.












It was a super simple project that took all of 10 minutes, and I couldn't be more please with how they turned out!  SQUEAL!  I can't wait to get them in the sand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment