Thursday, March 19, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Shenanigans

Hope you all enjoyed a Happy & Safe St. Patrick's Day!  We kept the shenanigans pretty low key here at the D House, which was absolutely fantastic!  

Let me start by saying that my decorations for this particular holiday are EXTREMELY lacking!  I would have practically nothing if it weren't for my mom, who brought me this little gem of a centerpiece on a recent visit.  And I am very lucky that she did because my 2 little "leprechauns" noticed our lack of shamrocks, pots of gold, and rainbows for St. Patty's Day.  And they were right, holiday's aren't complete without decorations! 



No matter what holiday it may be, I always have my Happy Everything plate from Coton Colors out.  I purchased this a few years ago, and it is a constant fixture in my kitchen.  The attachments are interchangeable and they have so many beautiful designs to choose from.  I love to switch them out for holidays & special occasions.  Looking at it just makes me "Happy".  :)


  
We started out the day with a simple, yet festive breakfast of Lucky Charms & green milk, of course.  I purchased the shamrock straws from the Dollar Bin at Target a few years back.  Everything tastes better with a silly straw, right?!?







We spent the rest of the morning relaxing and playing games.  I love board games, but I will be honest in saying that my least favorite is Monopoly.  It takes FOREVER & the overly competitive natures of a few members of our family (I won't name names ...um ... Honey & C), have a tendency to make it quite the production.  However, when L received the version Monopoly Empire a few years ago for Christmas, my love of the game was restored.  It can be played in 45 minutes or less and there are no productions to be had.  :)  Just good old fashioned family fun!  



Bet you can't guess who won the first round  . . . 



The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we took advantage of it by spending some much needed time outside.  (It's been a LONG winter!)  Honey & the kids played basketball, while my good friend N & I went for walk.  It was fabulous!!

The day would not have been complete without a little Irish supper.  In the past, I have made Reuben sandwiches or Corned Beef.  But this year, we decided to go a little more simple with Mini Shepherd's Pot Pies, Irish Soda Bread and (by request) green Jello.  



(Recipe from Tablespoon.com)



The Irish Soda Bread was devoured by all!  It was delicious!!  (Recipe from allrecipes.com)



Like I said at the start, it was the a perfectly relaxed kind of holiday.  Just the way it should be, especially during Spring Break!  Does this week really have to end????  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment