Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring is in the Air!

Finally!  Spring is here!  After what seemed like the longest Winter ever, I am so happy for the change in seasons.  :)  The sun is shining, the snow is melted and the kids are officially on Spring Break!  YEAH!

We started out the weekend by heading to the theater to see the much anticipated movie, Cinderella.  It was beautifully done and enjoyed by all.  (Even the boys!)  The Frozen short at the beginning had us all in stitches!!  I don't want to give anything away to those who have yet to see it, but it took all the beloved aspects from the original movie & added a few cute little (ACHOO!) additions.  :)


The original plan of the weekend was to pick up C on Saturday for his Spring Break as well. Little did I know that Honey & C had been conspiring all week to surprise us on Friday.  :)  So imaging my delight when we returned from the movie & here comes C walking up the stairs!!!  Best surprise ever!!!  I'm sure my squeal was heard for miles!!  SO glad he's home.  I love having all three of my kids under the same roof.


The weather Saturday couldn't have been more beautiful.  So after an amazing morning walk with Honey, he set out to get our deck furniture out of Winter storage.  Last summer, we began the process of redecorating & designing our deck and backyard to resemble a mini beach.  Nothing like a little piece of "heaven" out my backdoor.  I was beyond excited to spend part of the afternoon relaxing and basking in the warmth of the sun, with my new pillow from Kohls!  


To make the first official day of Spring Break complete, Honey grilled our favorite Pineapple brats for dinner.  YUM YUM!  I tried a new method for baked potatoes that I had gotten off of Pinterest... the Crock Pot Method.  It's definitely one I will be using again.  It was super simple!  Just wash and dry the potatoes, wrap them in foil & place in the crock pot on low for 8 hours.  They were delicious!  Almost melt in your mouth delicious...  The only thing missing to the meal was corn on the cob, but that will have to wait a few more months. Patience my dear, patience.  :)  



The day ended in an impromptu Family Game Night.  L had gotten the game Spot It! from Honey's parents, Grandma M & Grandpa T, for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun!  There are several different versions to the game & we ended up trying them all.  Lots of laughs were had!  It was the perfect way to end the day.


Looking forward to all the fun family adventures that this Spring Break has to offer!  It's definitely started off on the right foot!  :)  Now I just need to get out my flip flops . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment