Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Happy Belated Valentine's Day Everyone!  I hope it was as enjoyable at your house as it was at ours.  :)

The celebrations spanned well over the actual date of February 14th around here.  Between 2 different dance class parties, the room party in Miss B's class, the special breakfast in L's TA (or as I called it "back in the day" Homeroom), and our own family activities  . . . we were feeling the LOVE for most of the week!  :)  The only bummer was that C was unable to join us for the weekend, like we had hoped.  But a special care package was sent his way filled with a few of his favorite treats.  (Side note ~ there should be a special postal rate for parents with college-age kids who want to send care packages.  Just a thought, because Gummy Bears are heavy!) 

I will be the first to say that the apple didn't fall far from the tree with Miss B.  :) With 3 different class parties, she announced that she couldn't take the same Valentines to all 3 classes because a few kids "might" get the same Valentine more than once and that would not be right.  Pretty sure a conversation quite similar to this one happened in a different house "a few" years back between a mother & daughter......clear my throat .....sorry Mom  :) 

This is what we came up with for her Valentines for school.  I thought they turned out pretty cute and she was very happy with them.  Got to love the Minions!

 

For the teachers, I made Hersey's Kisses Roses and wrapped them up to look like a bouquet of a dozen "flowers".  Even L wanted to take one to give to his TA during their special breakfast.  Mrs. F loved it & was very grateful!


My parents were able to come down to visit for the weekend.  YEAH!  :)  I mentioned the "apple not falling far from the tree" scenario earlier ... well the same can be said of my mom & I.  Every holiday she would always go above and beyond to make it as special as possible. It's great to be able to continue some of those traditions with my own kids.  

Special Valentine's Breakfast ~ complete with pink milk! (a favorite of my siblings & I growing up: Pink = Valentine's Day, Green = St. Patrick's Day and Blue = Birthdays)


The Teddy Bear & McDonald's gift cards were gifts from Grandma J & Grandpa B.  Isn't he adorable!  :)

After a very busy week at school & work, we all looked forward to a relaxing day lounging around the house.  We played a couple of games of Disney UNO (a purchase from our recent trip).  Then Mom & I looked through pictures and visited, while Honey & Dad watched basketball. The kids were more that happy to spend some time playing Minecraft on their tablets.  I love days like this!

Dinner time rolled around & it is the D Family tradition to get heart shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy's.  Simple yet festive & oh so yummy!


Mom & Dad brought dessert from the most amazing bakery, Scratch Cupcakery!  I can honestly say you have never lived until you've tried a cupcake from Scratch.  We unfortunately don't have one here, so this was a real treat!  Words of advice, get an array of flavors and divide them in half.  That way you can sample more than one!  :)  YUM YUM!!





A few years ago, I created mailboxes for each family member to have on the table for decoration as well as a place to deliver their Valentine's.  The kids go hide in their bedrooms while I fill the mailboxes, then rush out to the table to see what treats are waiting for them.  I try to go with at least one non-candy item in addition to their favorite candy. 


  I think they were happy with their Valentine's.  :)




After dessert, Honey & I left the kids to enjoy a little Grandma & Grandpa time while we headed off to enjoy a concert featuring one of our favorite groups, Florida Georgia Line. (SQUEAL!)  It was a fantastic show and the perfect way to end our Valentine's Day celebration.  Til next time y'all!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment